Thursday, July 4, 2013

Find joy everyday!

Happy 4th of July everyone~
Well as I mentioned on my previous posting, here is my finish project that I made for my Mom!  She's very obsess with all types of butterflies and I know she will be pleased to have this on her dresser.  My mom has butterfly mobiles hanging on her entrance to her house, magnets on her refrigerator, her bathroom is decorated with nothing but butterflies, LOL.
For my project that I created, those butterflies were my first attempt, and boy it was a bit challenging at start.  I guess you need steady hands, patience and having the right tools to work with.  I went with the colors she adores so I worked with what I had and took it for there.  Each butterfly  I ran it three times with my Big Shot and laid all those pieces on a white mat board and went with my imagination.   I used QuickStik and wow it was a big difference than using my tweezers.   The butterflies were from Memory Box, they coordinate perfectly on each other.   I must say in real its so exquisite, definitely I will be doing more like this for cards and other projects.  You may say it's like paper piecing, but I didn't just like the thin cutting of it.  I starred at it for a long time and began working with my vision, and tadah~  Look at the end result!  A Shadow Box....



Supplies Used:
Frame - 1 sheet of thick black cardstock 12 x 12
Butterfly dies - Memory Box
Dragonfly die - Elizabeth Crafts
Spring border - Memory Box - colored with Spectrum noir markers
Flowers - Spellbinders
Embossing folder - Cuttlebug
Doilies, gems
Flourish - Cheery Lyn Designs
papers - Stampin Up
ribbon - Stampin Up
sentiment - Birdie Brown
tag - My Creative Time
brads - American Crafts




21 comments:

  1. very sweet, lovely butterflies, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirl this is outstanding.

    Bet your mum will be so thrilled with it. Let us know what she thinks.

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow well done you! it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous hun....and lovely colours too...:o)

    biggest of hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so beautiful Shirl! Your butterfly loving mom is so lucky that you made such an elaborate gift for her. I'm a butterfly freak as well and think this is gorgeous with all the details and colors.

    Have a great 4th of July day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I think your panda shadow box is now safe since mom has the beautiful butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is stunning shirl.gorgeous colours and I love the pretty butterflies :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's absolutely stunning, Shirl!! The butterflies look amazing!! They were worth the time they took to make - they are just gorgeous!! I love how you decorated the shadowbox, too!! Awesome, awesome project my friend!! Your Mom will adore it!!Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful beautiful shadow box!!! Wonderful butterflies. TFS and a Happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning sweetie this is gorgeous big happy hugs love Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shadow box. I love the butterflies and those dragonflies are a great touch. TFS>
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an exquisite shadow box, my dear friend! The butterflies are beautiful and well-worth the time invested in them! :o) The background and outer elements are so lovely, too. You can't go wrong with butterflies *and* dragonflies on a project! She will certainly treasure this. The Spring Border die is one of my favorites and I love that you used it for your sentiment. Beautifully done, Shirl! I hope you have a happy day. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The finished design is beautiful, love the addition of the dragonflies. Your Mom is going to love it ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely Gorgeous. I am sure your mom is going to love this so much my friend. hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful Shirl, oh my gosh your mom will swoon :)

    Hope you had a great 4th and great weekend!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the beautiful butterflies and such pretty colors:) Your Mom will love it!!!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG This is just GORGEOUS my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for stopping by and leaving
me some sweet comments. Hope you
come back and visit me real soon.
Have a Blessed Day~

Comment Counter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...